Author Topic: Installing shop mod?  (Read 6482 times)

Offline Twisted868

Installing shop mod?
« on: March 16, 2006, 11:02:11 am »
Okay I've just switched from a phpbb board to SMF forums...I know php coding...but I'm confused as how you install the shop mod (so glad this was made by the way) I tried to find it in the Package Manager but I don't see it anywhere. Any information would be great, as I don't think I can live without this mod haha.

Offline Daniel15

Re: Installing shop mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:33 pm »
Well, first, go to your forum's admin section. Then, choose Package Manager on the left-hand side (I believe this is called 'Packages' in the SMF 1.1 RC2 release). Once you're there, choose 'Download New Packages'. Choose where you downloaded the SMFShop package to, and click OK.

If you need any further help, please feel free to ask.

P.S Glad to hear you switched over from phpBB! Trust me, you won't regret it. Most of the things that require MODs in phpBB (like attachments, subforums, etc, etc, etc) are in-built to SMF. Also, it has heaps of other useful features.

Offline Twisted868

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:59:46 pm »
This is the problem, when I go into package manager, then download new packages, and look through all 100 or so of them I don't see SMFShop listed anywhere...Is there someother way to get it intstalled?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 04:28:07 pm »
Hi,
 SMFShop isn't listed in the SMF package listing anymore. You need to download the package from http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/ and save it to your computer. Once you've done that, log in to your forum's administration panel, and click on 'Package Manager'. Once there, choose 'Download New Packages' and then uploaded the downloaded package.

See the two attached screenshots if you still don't know what to do.

Offline Revolink24

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 09:50:53 pm »
* really off topic* what theme you using on your PC Dan? and what is the browser.

Offline Twisted868

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:11:35 pm »
*bangs head on desk* so now I did that, and it uploaded okay, but its getting a "modification parse error" and getting errors for executing certain functions in the file, sub_packages.php

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 12:12:44 pm »
Theme is 'Watercolour Blue', it comes with StyleXP.
The browser is Opera, with a lot of custom buttons at the top :D I love Opera, it has more features than FireFox, it even has an in-built email client. And the installer is only 3.5MB! :)

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 12:13:38 pm »
*bangs head on desk* so now I did that, and it uploaded okay, but its getting a "modification parse error" and getting errors for executing certain functions in the file, sub_packages.php
Do you have any more details on the "Modification Parse Error" error message?

Offline Twisted868

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 01:19:56 pm »
that is all it said, in red writing next to Executing a file name...would you like me to create an account for you and you could look?

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 01:38:20 pm »
Sure, you can create an account for me.