Author Topic: How do I install Shop 3.1.5 over 3.0?  (Read 4364 times)

Offline DracoGuard

How do I install Shop 3.1.5 over 3.0?
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:27 am »
The subject asks my question...

If you tell me to uninstall 3.0, will it delete all items, money amounts and everything the old shop had?  If that's the case someone needs to make an updater rather than an uninstall and everyone lose everything update.

Uninstalling 3.0 is not possible either:
4.     Execute Modification     .Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

Offline vbgamer45

Re: How do I install Shop 3.1.5 over 3.0?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »
That is really tricky. I removed so doesn't drop the columns/tables from the new shop release.

What you could do is install it over and then remove any duplicate code. Or you can manually uninstall the old version then install the new version
SMF For Free -Free SMF Forum hosting.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Latest Mod:
EzPortal - A Portal System for SMF
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Offline DracoGuard

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:43:41 am »
It doesn't install over because it marked 3.1.5 as the old version and removed the apply mod button.  I don't really think I could do it manually either cause I know I'll screw something up then.  The only staff on my site is never able to work on my forum with me cause of his job so I can't get it done with him and no one on my friends list (MSN) knows PHP except Daniel15 and he can't do it either... :P  I think I have a bunch of your mods too, cause I was bored and looked for mods under your name on the SMF site and saw things I liked.  Someone's regbar broke and can't uninstall now either... X_X

Offline perplexed

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:36:12 am »
I just saw this...

I was running 3.0 on 1.1 series and usually when I upgrade to a new version of the shop everyone loses all their money etc, so I was prepared for that.  Anyway, I upgraded the forum, installed 3.1.5 shop, and guess what, it kept all our money!

I don't know if that helps at all but I thought I would mention it.
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline DracoGuard

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:18:01 am »
I just saw this...

I was running 3.0 on 1.1 series and usually when I upgrade to a new version of the shop everyone loses all their money etc, so I was prepared for that.  Anyway, I upgraded the forum, installed 3.1.5 shop, and guess what, it kept all our money!

I don't know if that helps at all but I thought I would mention it.

Ok :P still doesn't help if I can't install to begin with.  3.0 is "newer" than 3.1.5, not to mention 3.0 has locked it's self in.

Offline talbot

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »
hi
i face this problem when i  install Shop 3.1.5 over 3.0 now it,s solve thanks for it :)

Offline talbot

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:08 pm »
hi
i face this problem when i  install Shop 3.1.5 over 3.0 now it,s solve thanks for it :) work at home