Author Topic: GM's & the shop  (Read 5867 times)

Offline K-Lynn

GM's & the shop
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:12:26 am »
Can my GM's administrate the shop - like add/remove items, stock, and change the settings for each item?

As well as the Arcade (i know this is not the Arcade forum but i thought i'd throw it in here as well)

Offline inkstains

Re: GM's & the shop
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:36 am »
i believe the short answer is no

Offline K-Lynn

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:00:28 am »
It clearly states in the GM description that administration of the shop and arcade are included in permissions. The makers of the software must have written that wrong. The strange thing is there is no where for the ADMINS to control the arcade either.

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:35 am »
This requires some slight modifications of SMF's files:
In Sources/ManagePermissions.php, find:
Code: [Select]
'shop_trade' => false,Add after:
'shop_admin' => false,
In Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php, find:
$txt['permissionname_shop_trade'] = 'Trade Centre';Add after:
$txt['permissionname_shop_admin'] = 'Shop Administration';
Then go to Admin Panel → Permissions, click Modify next to Global Moderators, and tick the "Shop Administration" box. This should work, but I've not tested it.

Offline K-Lynn

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:17:39 am »
I can't find Sources/ManagePermissions.php

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 03:06:49 pm »
In your SMF directory, there should be a "Sources" directory. The ManagePermissions.php file is located in there.

Offline K-Lynn

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:34:39 pm »
I'm sorry, I'm so new to this.  I have never used the code part so i have no idea where to find it...

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 04:11:14 pm »
Oh, OK. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my instructions. ;)

You need to use an FTP client (for example, FileZilla) to connect to your server. Enter in your server name, FTP username, and FTP password (these would have been given to you by your host). Once it connects, you should be able to find the Sources folder. Inside the Sources folder, you'll find the ManagePermissions.php file. Edit this file (Notepad is fine, although it's better to use a good editor like Notepad++) and then upload it once you've edited it.

If you're not comfortable doing this, PM me with your FTP information, and I'll try to do it for you.