Author Topic: ANY CODERS OUT THERE: WE WANT PET MOD  (Read 7232 times)

Offline Joshsux

ANY CODERS OUT THERE: WE WANT PET MOD
« on: August 16, 2006, 03:22:31 pm »
Anybody can create one like http://www.daniel15.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.0 idea that MR Basil Beard was going to do but HE DOESN'T COME ON NO MORE AND IM STARTING TO GET ADGITATED I DON'T MIND IF HES WORKING ON IT BUT IT JUST SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING IS SCARYING ME, So if anybody could create one or pratend to so Basil Beard doesn't get his out and get popular for SMF shop then cool do it!

I dont even know how to add html to smf so don't ask me to do it i have no idea.... AND IF Basil Beard READS THIS DON'T BE A SPOIL SPORT IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TIME TO WORK ON IT RELEASE THE CODE SO SOMEBODY WHO DOES CAN.....

I havent been on for a few weeks i came on to see what new items where was but theres nothing really new apart from the update? we need to hire some coders to do them or something the ones we got now pretty pointless and i dont know how to make them! :(

Offline Basil Beard

Re: ANY CODERS OUT THERE: WE WANT PET MOD
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:39 am »
If you want it so bad, learn PHP and code it yourself. Or pay someone with your own money if you are too lazy to do that.

Coding is hard work. Its not like I can spend two hours and have a fully working pet mod. It was something I was interested in working in at the time, but got kind of boring when the activity on my forum died. Its not like I have an infinite amount of free time, either. I've been working on other projects that I actually want to code. Coding something you don't really want to be working on is no fun. I will eventually code a Pet Mod, and when I do I will release the code for it, but don't you dare pressure me. Its still my code, my hard work, and you should be thanking me for giving it to you, not yelling at me for taking so long.
Arrrrr!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:09:18 pm »
Its still my code, my hard work, and you should be thanking me for giving it to you, not yelling at me for taking so long.
Exactly. If you want it to move faster, then write it yourself :P
Otherwise, maybe somewhere like http://www.elance.com/ would be able to help you, for a price...

<Offtopic> Joshsux, you use TPG Internet as your ISP? So do I :). I'm still on the $50 plan :D

Offline Jamie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:54:37 am »
Its pretty easy to do if you use the profile image mod already created.  I'm going to replace the flags with pet graphics.  They won't be able to name them, but otherwise I think it will work great until something else is created.  :)

Offline Joshsux

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 01:41:17 pm »
yeah, them dickheads put my price up to $70 how did you get away with the 50? they just forgot about you?

And brasil i wasn't yelling at you, why does everybody think because somethings in caps that im yelling i dont remember trping it but i sure wasnt yelling at nobody i prolly did half in caps accidently and didnt wanna re type it all, and i cant make it myself man im too busy but the way your going its a "long term mod" which means it will never get done, and i think the guys who where expecting this mod to come out before you lost interest because nobody went to your site anymore now think the same as me and think it will never come out, hence the nobody who was requesting before not requesting anymore.

and yeah i think i'm going to need to pay somebody on SMF to make the mod for me, when it's done if i do it ill put it in here.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:44:10 pm by Joshsux »

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 04:39:51 am »
Anyways, a friend of mine has requested the petmod as well. That has moved it up higher on my to-do list. I still have a few other things I need to code, but i'll probably be starting work back up on it soon. Again, no promises, but I might have something within the next couple of months.
Arrrrr!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:23:00 am »
Thanks for all your excellent work, Basil Beard! Honestly, we all appreciate the work you're doing :)

yeah, them dickheads put my price up to $70 how did you get away with the 50? they just forgot about you?
Wow, this is really offtopic. Yeah, I guess they forgot about me. I got the email from TPG asking me to change plans back in March. I went to their site a day later, and chose a new plan. And now, I'm still on the old plan :P. Oh well, I'm just waiting here in Victoria until ADSL2+ is available at my exchange (it says on their site that it will be available in December 2006 ;)

Offline Phydeaux

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:42:43 pm »
I hate to bump this up... but I've just GOT to comment. :-p  What is a pet mod? You want to buy "pets"... @¿@ ... aren't there enough unwanted ones out there IRL for you to satisfy your needs... huh? But, what I really wanted to tell you guys is this... Daniel ALREADY has a pet included with the distribution of SMFShop. The first thing I bought myself was a pet "Rock". It is the sweetest thing! It just sits there... doesn't meow, bark, whimper... nothing! It's Great! SO! go buy a pet rock and stop worrying about a 'pet mod'. ;-)

Phydeaux

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 10:09:16 am »
I have been on other sites with Petmods, and they really add alot if you ask me. Instead of just trying to get the most currency, you have the goal of leveling up and making your pet awesome.
Arrrrr!

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 02:14:03 pm »
I have been on other sites with Petmods, and they really add alot if you ask me. Instead of just trying to get the most currency, you have the goal of leveling up and making your pet awesome.
Ya, I have seen a coupl as well...ROFL...any chance of you finishing yours? *tongue in cheek*
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline chadk

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:50 pm »
Basil, I think if anyone can do it, you can.  I've seen your shop on your site and it's impressive.  I'm not sure anyone, even Daniel, has the skill that you have when it comes to shop items.

(daniel, of course you do but you don't have the time)

Basil: is that enough?  My nose smells like poop now. ;)

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 01:38:11 am »
Shop items take very basic PHP. Its more creative thinking that skill with code. The coding big stuff, like the actual shop, takes alot more real knowlege of how PHP works. I don't think im quite at Daniel's level yet ;-)
Arrrrr!

Offline chadk

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 07:56:02 am »
Ah, I was just kissing your ass so you'd finish the pet mod. hehe. :)