Author Topic: Minimum post length  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Phidippides

Minimum post length
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:53:11 am »
I'd like to find out a way so that members must make a post or reply that is X characters in length before they can receive credits.  This way people won't get paid for posting mindless 7 word sentences.  I know the phpbb cash mod had a feature like this.

Offline Basil Beard

Re: Minimum post length
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:37:07 pm »
Um. I think php had a character counting function on strings, but I am not sure. You'd have to ask Daniel on this one. I know it is possible, because some other softwares shop gives out credits based on post length, I just donno how.
Arrrrr!

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:44:15 am »
Well, SMF has a mod that you can use to set a min imum amount of characters or words...you could esily use that in conjunction with the shop.

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=290
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:10:30 pm »
I like TechnoDragon's suggestion, it seems like the smart thing to do :)  Otherwise, I might implement something similar in the next SMFShop release (I wonder if the author of that MOD would mind if I borrow some of their code...)

Offline Tanix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:59:31 am »
Sometimes short posts are all you need, especially if you're a moderator. So I'd rather see the shop code modified to set a minimum amount of characters. It's something I need for a stand-alone points mod as well, in fact.

We've spoken of this elsewhere, Daniel - but I'll repeat that I do think the phpBB cash mod has much to commend it and there are many features worth copying, assuming the author has no objection.

Offline mali

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:51:08 am »
good job guys, was looking for this information, thanks to the author for the post!

Offline next409

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »
Hello! I'm not sure, but I think that Daniel rights. Good luck to all)
1-855-865-9553
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:32:48 am by next409 »