Author Topic: Making Packages?  (Read 23070 times)

Offline Basil Beard

Making Packages?
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:45:18 am »
Is there a guide on how to make packages somewhere? I am almost done with my pets mod, and wanted to package it up for everyone to be happy with.  :coolsmiley: But yeah. I donno how and I am sure you all don't want to install it by hand. (Even though only three files actually get edited, the rest is new stuff and database stuff).

But yeah. I still need to iron out a few kinks, but everybody should have pets... early next week  :angel:
Arrrrr!

Offline xfollowthereaperx

Re: Making Packages?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:20:09 pm »
Pet mod?

My god, someone link this man

Offline Martin

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 05:57:12 pm »

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:59:15 am »
Yeah. I saw that. But it didn't help much.

If all else fails, I can just post the files and Daniel or someone else who knows how to create packages can like, package it up XD
Arrrrr!

Offline feeble

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:12:38 am »
Yeah. I saw that. But it didn't help much.

If all else fails, I can just post the files and Daniel or someone else who knows how to create packages can like, package it up XD

i recommend just pulling apart other ppl packages. learn alot faster that way.

SMFShops package is pretty good, covers most things, also g2+smf package is very nice to looks at as well.

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:16:06 am »
Yeah. I guess I should try that. One question I did have was the id numbers I see on files... its late... I just got back and don't really feel like loading up everything right now, but all the items will have like shop-inventory.php (idstuff). What should I use for that? Does it matter at all(like, maybe its just stuck there for fun by the coder) or am I supposed to follow some convention there?

Oh yeah, anyone who wants to see the petmod in action can visit forum.nomicville.com. Hopefully i'll be able to release a package in the next few days.
Arrrrr!

Offline feeble

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »
im really not sure what you are refering to, maybe daniel15 would know.

but are you just refering to how SMFShop stores members item purchases/their inventory in shop_inventory table, if so

basically it stores the ownerid(who owns the item) and itemid(id refering to table shop_items(which hows info on how the item work, information etc) and trading info.

Oh yeah, anyone who wants to see the petmod in action can visit forum.nomicville.com. Hopefully i'll be able to release a package in the next few days.
went to this website but couldnt find any info on the pet mod.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:37:20 pm by feeble »

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 01:35:28 pm »
Actually, I could help you Basil Beard...I have gotten very proficient at making packages...mostly by just doing what was previously suggested...pulling apart other packages...but I would still love to help you either way!
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 05:14:45 pm »
If you need any help packaging it up, just ask :).
The best way to learn is by pulling apart other packages, and also looking at the samples in the Package SDK.

Yeah. I guess I should try that. One question I did have was the id numbers I see on files... its late... I just got back and don't really feel like loading up everything right now, but all the items will have like shop-inventory.php (idstuff)
You mean this?
$Id:: Shop.php 79 2007-01-18 08:26:55Z daniel15                               $
It's automatically inserted by Subversion (source control system I use). The format of the ID is:
$Id: <file name> <revision> <date> <time> <author>$
The revision numbers correspond to those at http://server.daniel15.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/smfshop/trunk/ (this is a subversion web interface). It's there to help me (so I know which revision of the file I have), and to help beta testers (so they know exactly which version of the file they have).
Again, these are inserted and updated automatically, if you're not using Subversion, don't worry about it ;)

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 01:16:21 am »
im really not sure what you are refering to, maybe daniel15 would know.

but are you just refering to how SMFShop stores members item purchases/their inventory in shop_inventory table, if so

basically it stores the ownerid(who owns the item) and itemid(id refering to table shop_items(which hows info on how the item work, information etc) and trading info.

went to this website but couldnt find any info on the pet mod.

Its in the shop. Go there and you can see a pet hatchery. You cant actually buy pets though, cause I made them cost alot :angel: You can also view my pets by visiting my(Clucky's) profile.

Thanks Daniel. I'll try to package it up based on examples of other packages, and let you know if I have any more questions.  O0
Arrrrr!

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 01:22:37 am »
Nice mod (just registered) will this work with any version of the shop, or does it HAVE to have the most recent version?

Offline Basil Beard

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 01:28:28 am »
I can't say for sure either way. I have not tested in on any version lower than the most recent one, but I see no reason why it *wouldn't* work on such a version.

Anyways, I just realized that I wasn't logged into the SMF community forums when I clicked the package SDK link. So it didn't show me the attachment XD! It should be much easier to make the package now ;-).
Arrrrr!

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 01:30:42 am »
well, good luck!  Like i said earlier...if you need help I am willing!

Offline GhostWriter

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:34 am »
I would like to get my hands on this mod. Pets have been something I have heard talk about on other boards. Could I ask one questions, what type of pets did you happen to make?

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 05:44:39 am »
Go to his site to check them out...though I believe they are more placeholders than anything...