Author Topic: Avatar Maker Mod  (Read 16498 times)

Offline Lady Ambrosia

Re: Avatar Maker Mod
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:51 am »
It's not just with this mod, as I've had trouble with other mods as well, I would advise you, if you have trouble with a mod...try downloading it from another browser, for some reason, it seems to help.   Sounds crazy I know, but it works for me.
Ambrosia's Castle - My Personal Site
The Dark Castle - My Forum

Offline perplexed

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 04:08:55 am »
yeah like I said above, not just this mod, and not just problems downloading, but installing.  Its an smf problem.
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Offline David

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 04:22:55 am »
Don't think so...the reports of problems I've seen on the SMF mods site over the last day or so seem to have often been from newbies who don't understand that they have to do a manual install when the automatic one fails and who can't be bothered to either read a topic in full to see the umpteen times the same thing has been answered or search for how to do a manual install.

Quite a few old mods or ones that haven't yet been approved by the SMF team have issues with php5.x and that is the case with the Avatar Maker mod...if you are running that series of php then the avtr_install.php fails to run.

I saw Perplexed query regarding installation of the mod on the SMF coding discussion and answered it there some time ago. It's merely a situation where the Avatar Maker mod tries to install into a file that has already been altered and thus fails...the shop mod (for instance) will cause this failure. I also offered a workaround that Technodragon is considering.

avtrmkr_final.xml needs an alteration to one line to fix a bug if the shop mod is installed (or if any of a good number of other mods are installed as they all make the same problem occur): Line 91

Code: [Select]
        'pm' => array(
Change to:

'pm' => array(
 The first code is OK if on a clean install with no other mods in place but it tends to go wrong when other mods have modified the file...shop mod for instance.

Might it be better to put the modification after:

$permissionList = array(
      'membergroup' => array(
         'general' => array(
            'view_stats' => false,
            'view_mlist' => false,
            'who_view' => false,
            'search_posts' => false,
            'karma_edit' => false,
         ),

...so as to side-step the issue?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 04:26:33 am by David »

Offline perplexed

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 04:41:27 am »
I'm not sure which comments you mean of mine, I remember posting on smf asking about this mod and what it does when it was first mentioned but I havent installed it due to the package manager issue.  This seems to be an acknowledged problem with the package manager David.  I'm not claiming to know anything about it personally but Daniel did post this to me here

Frustratingly some of the mods are getting that 'modification parse error' this time around when they didnt previously.  There seems to be a lot of that going around on the smf forum.
It's a problem with SMF's Package Manager and PHP 5.2... Some changes in PHP 5 broke the package manager, and we're currently working on a fix for it.

this is not necessarily about the avatar maker mod but several mods btw.  I probably shouldnt have mentioned it in this thread particularly but I cant install it at all via package manager, nothing to do with the download, or the 'fails' that you usually see when applying a mod in package manager.  It doesnt even get that far, but then neither do several other mods.  I dont have the time to do manual installs. 

At least smf are working on a fix.

have a great day, my dinner is calling  ;)

Offline TechnoDragon

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 10:25:52 pm »
Sorry, yes, there has been an ever increasing issue with SMF's Packager system.  as for the ManagePermissions.php error, I will take care of that today and reupload a new package at my site for download.  Sorry it took so long to get to it!
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Offline preddy25

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 06:37:06 pm »
<input name="male" onClick="Set_Cookie( 'BodyID', '21', '0', '/', '', '' );parent.location='index.php?action=avtr;gender=1&catid=1'" type="button" value="Male" />

hi dragon or anyone that can help me out here , i have some issues with the avatar maker mod working in a joomla-smf wrapped mode , it works fine in a unwrapped mode but in a wrapped mode , when i try to click male/female or startover in the avatar maker mode , it bounces me back to the frontpage of my joomla site. i guess it has something to do with pathing , the above code is copied from firefox view source , and i think its wrong ..

in a non-wrapped mode the page would end up here
http://192.168.1.200/forums/index.php?action=avtr;gender=1&catid=1 ( Which is correct)
in a wrapped mode the page would end up here
http://192.168.1.200/blops/index.php?action=avtr;gender=1&catid=1
which is the joomla frontpage ,

so which php file should i go abt hacking n making the path right??
thanks for advice! and love your mod!

Offline perplexed

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 09:23:05 pm »
I dont have this mod installed yet but I had a look and it looks like its in the avtr.template.php file, you will probably have to put the full path with the smf com id= thingy that joomla uses for the forum address.

I dont have joomla at the moment but I remember similar issues with other features.  :D

Offline preddy25

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 12:39:36 am »
you were right abt where the problem was!  &gt;:D

but due to my meague knowledge of php , i dont think i can modify it correctly... does anyone know how to change the parent.location to something like $boarddir or $sourcedir with includes?

help!