Author Topic: a couple of questions  (Read 4117 times)

Offline inkstains

a couple of questions
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:18:05 pm »
hi couple of questions

how can you use more than four "function getAddInput()" ? and why does the limitation exist?

also is therer a way to delay a return? say a user uses an item the item displays something and then when a designated amount of time has happened or an event has occured display another message

cheers for any help

Offline feeble

Re: a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:06:40 pm »
1/ limitation is there as how SMFShop is currently designed, there are only 4 info columns in the items table
Daniel15 should hopefully update this in the next version, but dont hold me to this. Ive asked for this as well.

2/you could use javascript which isnt such a bad idea. then after a certain amount of time it either changes the location or a <span>

Offline inkstains

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:15:35 pm »
1/ limitation is there as how SMFShop is currently designed, there are only 4 info columns in the items table
Daniel15 should hopefully update this in the next version, but dont hold me to this. Ive asked for this as well.

2/you could use javascript which isnt such a bad idea. then after a certain amount of time it either changes the location or a <span>

yeh i thought it was a smfshop restriction, it'd be possible to add more manually though yeh?. if not heres hoping.

i'll look into javascript and see what i come up with

cheers feeble
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:17:08 pm by inkstains »

Offline Daniel15

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:14:41 am »
it'd be possible to add more manually though yeh?
Unfortunately, at the moment, SMFShop is hard-coded for 4 info columns. To add more, you'd need to:
  • Add another info field to smf_shop_items (eg. "info5")
  • Update Shop/ShopAdmin.php in several locations (adding a new item and editing a new item, SQL queries in both sections)
  • Update Shop/Shop.php in several locations (for using an item)

I'll eventually work on a new item framework (I want to eventually have seperate language files for items, so the text is not hard coded), but it may take a while (and I don't have much free time at the moment, unfortuantely).

Offline inkstains

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 11:26:30 am »
Cheers Daniel

after a bit more thought about what i was doing i managed to get by with just the four but easy to see it'd be good to have the ability to use more.