Author Topic: art as soon as then if somebody els  (Read 16 times)

Offline lw789

art as soon as then if somebody els
« on: November 14, 2017, 03:24:27 pm »
TORONTO -- Lexie Lou will get a shot at winning Canadas most prestigious horse race. Lexie Lou earned a commanding 4 1/2-length win Sunday in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks. In fact, Lexie Lous winning time of 1:49.77 was better than the 1:50.78 posted by Queens Plate favourite We Miss Artie in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes earlier. That left Lexi Lous handlers with the question whether to run her against the boys in the Queens Plate on July 6 or chase the remaining two legs of the Triple Tiara for Canadian-bred three-year-old fillies. Conditioner Mark Casse missed Sundays race while attending a horse sale in Florida. But the six-time winner of Canadas top trainer award said he spoke with owner Gary Barber and the decision was made to point the filly towards the Plate. "As long as shes healthy and happy that will be her next stop," Casse said in a telephone interview Sunday evening. Assistant trainer Kathyrn Sullivan represented Casse at Sundays race, however she was unable to call him afterwards with the good news. Thats because Sullivan lost both of her cellphones in the walking race prior to the race. "I havent talked to Kathryn yet," Casse said with a chuckle. "She did text me saying she was a nervous wreck. "But were fortunate to have a lot of great people working with us and I know she did a terrific job." Jockey Patrick Husbands had Lexie Lou, the 2/1 second choice, sitting second behind stablemate Wild Catomine for much of the race before surging into the lead and cruising for her fourth victory in 11 career starts. The $300,000 winners share boosted her lifetime earnings over $630,000. Wild Catomine, also trained by Casse, was second in the nine-horse field, with Llanarmon taking third. Paladin Bay, the 2/1 favourite, was fourth. "We took a good run at her, like we always do, but Lexie Lou found another gear out there, she just took off again," said Gerry Olguin, the jockey aboard Paladin Bay. "I thought I was going to be second . . . she got tired at the end." Sundays race was just Lexie Lous second since being purchased by Barber and first without blinkers. Husbands rode Lexie Lou to a third-place finish in the $150,000 Fury Stakes event May 10 and felt blinkers werent necessary. "The last time she never relaxed," Husbands said. "We worked her twice since the last race without blinkers, no problem. "In the post parade, she was relaxed." Only five Oaks winners have gone on to win the Queens Plate, the first jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown and this countrys most prestigious horse race. The last was Inglorious in 2011. Sullivan said while Lexie Lou would give away size to the colts in the Plate, shed have the speed needed to compete. "Shes light and just floats on the track and theres definitely advantages to that," she said. "I think youd find some people would say thats the kind of horse youd want and youd find as many other people saying the other (bigger is better). "Shes put on a little weight and sort of filled out a little bit in the last month. Shes just got that big, long, beautiful stride." And theres the matter of Lexie Lou posting a faster time than We Miss Artie did in the Plate Trial, both races covering 1 1/8 miles. "Yeah, I know," Sullivan said with a smile. "Thats also a debate that will rage on." We Miss Artie was the overwhelming 1/5 favourite in the Plate Trial, and with good reason. The Todd Pletcher-trained bay colt was the Queens Plate Winterbook favourite this winter and finished 10th in the Kentucky Derby on May 3. Sundays race was not only We Miss Arties first since the Derby but first-ever at Woodbine. He found himself sitting third, boxed in along the rail at one point but jockey Javier Castellano patiently waited for an opening and when it appeared, he had more than enough horse to respond. "I think I rode the best horse in the race, I think I rode with a lot of patience," Castellano said. "I let him settle . . . when we turned for home we asked (for) a little bit and he give me a good kick." Assistant trainer Ginny DePasquale admitted being concerned about We Miss Arties dire standing late in the race. "There for a moment you get a little nervous but we knew he would come through in the end," she said. "Hes got a big heart and found an opening and went on. "Javier just kind of saved him at the wire a little bit." Sullivan was impressed with We Miss Arties late kick. "Hes a much nicer horse than he is on paper, weve always thought that," she said. "You could see at the top of the turn as soon as he got some room he was full of horse, full of run. "He will definitely be very tough to run against." Majestic Sunset was second in the seven-horse field, with Tower of Texas taking third. Jeff Allen Jersey .com) - Rajon Rondo turned in a game-high 21 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists as Dallas claimed a 102-98 win over the Lakers on Friday. Braxton Miller Jersey .The ruling takes effect on Jan. 1 and stems from the debate surrounding Paralympic champion Markus Rehm, an amputee who won the national long jump title competing with a carbon-fiber prosthesis. http://www.nfltexansproauthentic.com/Black-Friday-Jj-Watt-Jersey/. Warren made six birdies and a bogey for a 5-under total of 139 to sit one shot ahead of Felipe Aguilar of Chile, who carded a 69. David Horsey of England was also on 5 under through 15 holes to join Warren atop the leaderboard before play was stopped. Bruce Ellington Jersey . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Custom Houston Texans Jerseys .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses. CHICAGO -- Scott Diamond was looking for his first win in almost three months, and a familiar face helped him get it. With catcher Eric Fryer making his first big league start, Diamond pitched into the seventh inning for his first win since June 20, and the Minnesota Twins avoided a three-game sweep by beating the Chicago White Sox 4-3 on Wednesday. Diamond worked with Fryer when he spent more than a month with Triple-A Rochester this summer and connected with the young catcher. Manager Ron Gardenhire said he gave Fryer, who had an RBI single during the Twins three-run second, his first big league start because of his familiarity with Diamond. "We just worked really well," Diamond said. "Even after the first inning he was back there we were right on the same page from the very beginning." Diamond (6-11) allowed three runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings. Since his previous win, he was 0-5 with a 6.20 ERA in eight starts and spent time in Rochester. Diamonds season has been a frustrating one. He had surgery on his left elbow last December and didnt make his debut this year until April 13. He started by winning three of his first five decisions but then struggled, only earning two more wins before Wednesday. He carried a shutout into the fourth until Alejandro De Aza sent a full-count pitch into the bullpen in right field, cutting Minnesotas lead to 4-1. The homer was De Azas 16th, and his first since Sept. 3 at New York. Diamonds day ended in the seventh when he allowed Jordan Danks two-run single to right field, cutting the lead to 4-3. But Casey Fien struck out Josh Phegley and Conor Gillaspie, pinch hitting for Leury Garcia, hit a flyball to right to end the inning. Thanks in part to Fryer, an offence that gave him a 4-0 lead after batting twice and a bullpen that threw 2 2-3 scoreless innings, Diamond found a positive off which to build. "I think just going down to Rochester was kind of that reset for me," Diamond said. "I feel like Im just building off of that a little bit." Minnesota had only scored four runs during the first two games of the series, but matched that in tthe first two innings against John Danks (4-14).dddddddddddd Oswaldo Arcia, Chris Colabello, Fryer and Brian Dozier drove in runs that helped the Twins win for the second time in eight games. Glen Perkins pitched a scoreless ninth for his 36th save in 40 tries, snapping the White Soxs five-game winning streak against the Twins, and handing them their 33rd loss in one-run games. "You lose this many one-run games, its that one extra hit," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "Youre close but you dont get it done. Thats the thing about sports, when youre close it stings more." Fryer was 1 for 3, and got credit from both Diamond and Gardenhire for what he did Wednesday. "I was thrilled to be in there, thrilled to help out," Fryer said. "Hopefully we keep rolling now." The Twins looked as if they might roll against John Danks, but after Doziers two-out single in the second the veteran left-hander retired the last 16 batters he faced. Still, the first two innings led to John Danks fourth straight loss. "I wish I could have those first couple of innings back," he said. "I didnt make good enough pitches and they hit (them). Im glad I was able to go as deep as I did just to save the bullpen and finish strong." NOTES: The Twins last 11 games are against teams in the playoff hunt, which pleases Gardenhire. "We beat Tampa the other day on a home run late in the game and that was a good feeling. These guys get a taste of that. Its not like our goal is not to knock the other team out. Our goal is to go and compete with these guys and give it everything we have. We owe it to baseball." . Ventura said LHP Hector Santiago would get another start this season. Santiago isnt among Chicagos scheduled starters for its series this weekend in Detroit, but he could start as soon as then if somebody else needs to be skipped. . On Thursday in Oakland, Minnesota will start Kevin Correia (9-12, 4.31) against the Athletics Dan Straily (10-7, 4.11). Chicago is off, and on Friday, Andre Rienzo (2-2, 5.04) is expected to face Detroits Max Scherzer (19-3, 2.95). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '